At Trainline, we pride ourselves on our proprietary, modern, scalable tech platform created and maintained by our c500 bright product, data and tech minds.
Our ability to bring together teams comprising developers, designers, infrastructure and data scientists to create a world-class experience for our customers and carrier partners is what defines us and allows us to continually innovate and maintain our superior customer experience.
Through our agile, proprietary technology – Platform One – we are bringing together millions of routes, fares and journey times from hundreds of carriers. Platform One is the engine behind our Trainline consumer app and website, and it also powers the rail booking and retailing solutions for our partners and B2B clients such as rail carriers, travel sellers, businesses and public sector organisations. We leverage our technology, customer insight, data and scale to provide a seamless travel experience for our customers and put rail at the heart of more journeys.
releases a week
origin-destination pairs per month
Searches per second
data processed a day
engineers, data and tech specialists
- >600 microservices, increasing speed of development, flexibility and scalability
- c500 engineers, data and tech specialists
- 750+ releases per week
- Simple “one click” user interface to cut through industry complexity
- Proprietary multi-carrier/modal journey planner
- 10+payment options including google and apple pay
- Rail and coach
- Pre and post-sales
- Real-time data
- Add-on travel services: insurance, etc.
- >6bn TB data processed per day
- Bespoke AI-driven features
- Personalised UX and CRM
- PCI-DSS Level 1 (Merchant & Service Provider) since 2013
- Partnership with NCSC & NCA
- Internal standards aligned with NIST framework
- Business Continuity Planning (ISO 22301) certified since 2022
- 3DS version 2 implemented
- Payment Services Directive II Secure Customer Authentication fully live
- Industry-leading fraud to sales ratio
- Industry-leading payment acceptance rates
- ISO 27001 certified
See more at https://www.thetrainline.com/terms/security